Common volunteer tasks:
- Assisting children's librarians with preparation for various programs for youngsters
- Processing new items to be shelved for the first time
- Waiting on customers at the Friends Shop
- Looking over the shelves to make sure all items are in proper order
- Shelving books
- Serving in some capacity at special events including keeping track of door counts or assisting attendees at a table
- Helping patrons who are using public computers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Library System. Teen volunteers can earn service hours in the following ways.
- Earn up to two service hours by participating in a Teen Service Time.
- Earn up to three service hours a month for submitting and being accepted for participation in Teen Book Reviews opportunity.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-527-9248 for more information.