Volunteer opportunities are available during daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Commit to as many hours as you like and serve at the Hughes Main Library downtown or your local branch.
When you volunteer for the library system, you might be:
- Assisting children's librarians with preparation for various programs for youngsters
- Processing new items to be shelved for the first time
- Waiting on customers at the Friends Shop
- Looking over the shelves to make sure all items are in proper order
- Shelving books
- Serving in some capacity at special events including keeping track of door counts or assisting attendees at a table
- Helping patrons who are using public computers
- Ages 13 to 15
- You may earn up to three service hours by participating in a Teen Service Day.
- Ages 16 to 17
You may volunteer with the library in the following ways:
- Adults 18+
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form. Once submitted, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you for an interview.
Upcoming Teen Service Days
Space is limited. Registration required and opened one month prior to dates.
If you have any questions about volunteering with the Library, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.