Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Library System. We are not accepting volunteers at this time as all library system locations are currently closed.
Volunteer opportunities are available during daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Commit to as many hours as you like and serve at the Hughes Main Library downtown or your local branch.
Common volunteer tasks:
- Assisting children's librarians with preparation for various programs for youngsters
- Processing new items to be shelved for the first time
- Waiting on customers at the Friends Shop
- Looking over the shelves to make sure all items are in proper order
- Shelving books
- Serving in some capacity at special events including keeping track of door counts or assisting attendees at a table
- Helping patrons who are using public computers
Ages 13 to 15
Earn up to two service hours by participating in a Teen Service Time.
Ages 16 to 17
You may volunteer with the library in the following ways: