Current Job Postings
- Library Assistant III, Five Forks Branch Library. Works 1 afternoon and 3 evenings during the week, and every other weekend., Part-Time
- Location: Five Forks Branch Library, 104 Sunny Dale Drive, Simpsonville, South Carolina
- Application Deadline: Friday, January 22nd, 2021
How to Apply For Vacancies
The Greenville County Library System requires that all applicants complete an Application for Employment. To apply for a vacancy, choose one of the options below:
- Option 1 (preferred method)
- Click on the job opening of interest above. At the end of the job posting, click on “Apply Today” and go through the application process. At the end, you will be given the option to apply for other available job openings.
- Option 2
Click on the links below for the Application for Employment and EEO Data Sheet to complete a fillable PDF.
These documents may be saved on your computer or other device, completed electronically, and submitted electronically. The application may also be printed and completed manually. Forms must be saved locally before submitting. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view & print forms.
Applications for Employment and EEO Data Sheets (fillable PDF forms) may be submitted by one of the methods listed below:
- Email: gro.yrarbilellivneerg@nniuqc
Greenville County Library System
Attn: Human Resources
25 Heritage Green Place
Greenville, SC 29601
- Fax: 864-235-8375
- Hand Delivery: Library Administration at the Hughes Main Library, 25 Heritage Green Place in downtown Greenville, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Branch libraries do not accept applications for employment.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Greenville County Library System (GCLS). GCLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status or physical or mental disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. GCLS participates in E-Verify. Read more (English or Spanish).
- Only one application needs to be completed, even if you are applying for more than one vacancy.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Follow instructions for filling out the written job application completely.
- A resume may be attached as additional information, but will not be accepted in lieu of work history requested on the application.
- Photocopies of degrees and transcripts must be submitted with the job application when applying for positions with college level education requirements.
- If submitting application by mail, fax or hand delivery, you must sign and date the application prior to submission.
- If submitting application through the website’s online job application submission or PDF by email, you will be required to sign the application if you are selected for an interview.
- If you have not heard from us within 30 days after submitting your application, you may assume that the position has been offered to a candidate whose qualifications were best suited for the position.
- Your application will remain active for 90 days and may be considered for new vacancies during that time.
- Not all applicants are called for a job interview.
- Testing of computer skills is part of our interview process.
- Reference checks will be conducted prior to a job offer.
- Depending on the position for which you are applying, a background investigation of your criminal, credit and/or driving history may be made upon an offer of employment. Such an offer will be conditional based on results of the check.
Full-time and part-time employees enjoy competitive pay, participation in the State retirement program, access to an employee assistance program and staff development and career advancement opportunities. Full-time employees earn paid time off and have eleven paid holidays each year. Full-time employees have access to multiple health plans, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance for themselves and their dependents.
About the Greenville County Library System
In 1921, the Greenville Public Library opened with 500 volumes in a vacant storage room near Main Street in downtown Greenville. Today, the Greenville County Library System (GCLS) operates a Main Library, 11 branch libraries throughout the county and a bookmobile. GCLS provides resources, services and programming that champion literacy, inspire learning and foster community connection.
Become a Librarian
Librarianship is a calling centered around connecting people to resources, services, materials, classes, and more.
Do you enjoy working with the public? Serving your community? Greeting people with a smile, inviting questions, and inspiring learning? Consider becoming a Librarian or working in another valued position within the Library System.
Job Fields in the Greenville County Library System
- Oversees all areas related to accounting, including budget, payroll, purchase orders, and supply requests.
- Manages plans, policies, and projects that affect the entire library system.
- Community Engagement
- Connects our community, media, and Library staff to information about Library events, resources, services, and materials.
- Discovery Services
- Oversees all areas related to patron requests for information and assistance with research primarily on the adult level.
- Facilities & Maintenance
- Ensures safe and inviting spaces in which our community can gather.
- Human Resources & Staff Development
- Oversees all areas related to employment status, training, insurance and retirement issues.
- Information Technology
- Monitors and maintains all computer, wireless, electronic and phone related items for the system.
- Librarians & Library Assistants
- Depending on their department, perform various duties including collection development, circulation, customer service, event planning, and management.
- Technical Services
- Maintains the library collections’ acquisitions, cataloging, processing, and repairs for the system.
- Youth Services
- Perform various duties including collection development, circulation, customer service, and event planning for children ages 0-17.