Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Greenville County Library System (GCLS). This opportunity designed for tweens and teens offers the chance to earn three volunteer hours a month. Once you submit your application to earn service hours by writing a Teen Book Review, a Library staff person will contact you to let you know whether you are eligible to participate and supply complete directions for submitting your Teen Book Review.
- All reviews must be of books read or listened to in their entirety from the Young Adult (YA) or juvenile collection of GCLS.
- Books must be age appropriate for the person submitting the review.
- Inaccurate or incomplete reviews will not be accepted.
- Reviews must be the original work of the submitting participant.
- Reviews that contain inappropriate content will not be considered.
- All reviews become property of GCLS.
- GCLS reserves the right to make minor edits to reviews for grammatical or spelling errors.
- Submitted Reviews may be posted on the GCLS website accompanied by the first name (only) of the person submitting.
- Students must receive official approval from a Greenville County Library System Youth Services staff member to submit a book review.
Submissions will be accepted based on the following criteria:
- Greenville County students ages 12-18.
- Book choice titles submitted must be from books available in the Young Adult (YA) or juvenile collections of GCLS.
- Book choice titles should be unique. (If titles have already been reviewed, you may be asked to submit different titles.)
Reviews should include:
- Your name
- Title of the book
- A summary of the book (75 words or less)
- A blurb to tell others why you do or don't recommend this book. (150 words or less).