When you support the Friends of the Library, you help to make programs like these possible.
Friends Membership Benefits
- A 10% discount on all your purchases at the Friends Shop located in the Hughes Main Library.
- Admission to Friends of the Library Used Book Sales.
- Greenville County Library System’s publication, Library Now, mailed to your home or office.
Please note: Your Friends membership is a 12 month membership beginning on the day that you join.
Used Book Sales at the Merovan Center
The usual three-day Friends of the Library spring used book sale is not taking place this year. Please keep checking back for updates.
Limited by-appointment shopping opportunities are extended to current Friends members. Rejoin or become a member of the Friends of the Library to access and enjoy one-hour shopping sessions at our warehouse full of books.
Due to public health concerns, a limited number of appointment slots will be scheduled.
For more information about shopping opportunities and Friends membership, please email gro.yrarbilellivneerg@sdneirf.
Merovan Center, 1200 Woodruff Road, Suite E-2
At the intersection of Woodruff Road and I-385, turn onto Woodruff Road South. At the first traffic light, turn into Merovan Center (beside TD Bank and across from Kohl's). Building E will be on your left.
Friends Shop at Hughes Main Library
About the Friends
The Friends of the Greenville County Library System is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides financial and volunteer support for public programs and publications of the Greenville County Library System through fundraising projects.
2020-2021 Friends of the Library
Officers and Board of Directors
- Jean DeMars
- Linda Dilleshaw
- Melissa Dunn
- Phil Elliott
- Tom Ligon
- Mary Miller • Vice-President
- Katie Mobley • Financial Officer
- Taylor Reynolds • Secretary
- Mary Rittenhouse • President
- Alecia Schultz
- Donna Smith
- Mary Ann Stonoha • Treasurer
- Rich Troncone
- Lee Turza • Membership Committee Chair