When you support the Friends of the Library, you help to make programs like these possible.
Friends Membership Benefits
- A 10% discount on all your purchases at the Friends Shop located in the Hughes Main Library.
- Admission to Friends of the Library First Thursday Used Book Sales.
- Admission to the opening day of Spring and Fall Used Book Sales.
- Greenville County Library System’s Event Guide as well as quarterly publication, Library Now, mailed to your home or office.
Please note: Your Friends membership is a 12 month membership beginning on the day that you register. We will let you know when you membership is nearing the end, and give you the opportunity to renew your membership.
Thursday Used Book Sales*
Due to public health concerns, the Friends of the Library have postponed all Thursday used book sales until further notice.
Spring Used Book Sale
Due to public health concerns, the Friends of the Library have canceled their Spring Used book Sale.
Merovan Center, 1200 Woodruff Road, Suite E-2
At the intersection of Woodruff Road and I-385, turn onto Woodruff Road South. At the first traffic light, turn into Merovan Center (beside TD Bank and across from Kohl's). Building E will be on your left.
Due to public health concerns, the Friends of the Library have postponed all used book sales and volunteer opportunities at the Merovan Center book sale warehouse until further notice. Space is needed at all Library locations to quarantine all returned materials. We ask that you please continue to hold on to your donations while the Friends make plans to resume their book sales. You may call 864-527-9291 to check for updates to this schedule.
Visit the Friends Shop at Hughes Main Library
The Friends Shop remains closed during this time.
About the Friends
The Friends of the Greenville County Library System is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides financial and volunteer support for public programs and publications of the Greenville County Library System through fundraising projects.
2020-2021 Friends of the Library
Officers and Board of Directors
- Jim Condon
- Jean DeMars
- Linda Dilleshaw
- Melissa Dunn
- Phil Elliott
- Tom Ligon
- Mary Miller • Vice-President
- Katie Mobley • Financial Officer
- Taylor Reynolds • Secretary
- Mary Rittenhouse • President
- Alecia Schultz
- Donna Smith
- Mary Ann Stonoha • Treasurer
- Rich Troncone
- Lee Turza • Membership Committee Chair