When you support the Friends of the Library, you help to make programs like these possible.
Friends Membership Benefits
- A 10% discount on all your purchases at the Friends Shop located in the Hughes Main Library.
- Advance notice of all book sales along with membership discounts at certain sales.
- Greenville County Library System’s publications, Library Now and Event Guide, mailed to your home or office.
Please note: Your Friends membership is a 12 month membership beginning on the day that you join.
Used Book Sales
Book lovers, rejoice! The Friends of the Greenville County Library System are hosting Used Book Sales featuring books, movies, music, including popular fiction, nonfiction, and children's books. Organized by subject, search this unique collection for your favorite series, authors, and specialty items including vintage, collector, and antique books.
- Friends Members Only Used Book Preview Sale
Fri, Jun 9 • 3p–5p • Five Forks Branch • Meeting Rooms A & B
- Friends Used Book Sale
Sat, Jun 10 • 10a–3p • Five Forks Branch • Meeting Rooms A & B
*Friends Members Only. Present your Friends membership or purchase one at the door.
Friends Shop at Hughes Main Library
Friends Shop Hours:
About the Friends
The Friends of the Greenville County Library System is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides financial and volunteer support for public programs and publications of the Greenville County Library System through fundraising projects.
2022-2023 Friends of the Library
Officers & Board of Directors
- Joquita Burka
- Linda Dilleshaw
- Melissa Dunn
- Tom Ligon
- Barb Moore
- Gennara Moore
- MJ Pine
- Taylor Reynolds • President
- Alecia Schulz • Vice President & Friends Shop Chair
- Rich Troncone
- Lee Turza • Membership Committee Chair