Field Trip Fun! Customize your own program or choose from one of the following:
Available at All Locations
Stories, music and movement activities. Specific themes may be requested. 30 min. (K3-5th grade)
This tour is customizable to fit group interests. 15 min-1 hour. (K4-12th grade)
Look for favorite picture book characters and superheroes while exploring the library on a guided tour. 30 min. (K5-2nd grade)
Available at Hughes Main Library
Get a glimpse of the South Carolina Room historical archives and the IT department. Find out how new materials are prepared for checkout. 75 min. (5th grade and up)
Staff will guide students in accessing quality resources and services offered by the Library. 1.5 hours. (5th grade and up)
Scheduling Tours & Programs
Call to schedule your tour at least two weeks in advance.
- Hughes Main Library Tours • 864-527-9248
- Other Library Locations Tours • Call location desired and ask for the Youth Services librarian.
Please have the following information available when you call:
- Name of the school or group
- Name, phone number, and email of the group's primary contact person
- Expected number of attendees
- Age range of the group
- Date and time preference with alternative
- Name of tour or program (see descriptions above)
We're happy to visit your school, too!
Call us for Career Days, Literacy Nights, Summer Reading presentations, and more!