Each year, several thousand children participate in Summer Reading at the Library!
Each year, generous community sponsors supply thousands of prizes to those Summer Readers who complete the challenge for their age group. Summer Reading is open to people of all ages--even babies, toddlers and preschoolers. Check back often to see updated Summer Reading information for the current year.
- I ordered a Summer Reading t-shirt, when will I get it?
- If you have not yet picked up your Summer Reading t-shirt(s), you may find it at the desk of the location you chose for pickup. Please contact Michelle Hannon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your t-shirt order.
- Can I still get a Summer Reading t-shirt?
- We're so sorry! Summer Reading t-shirts are sold out.
- Who can participate?
- Babies, children, teens & adults — everyone! Summer Reading is free, open to the public and does not require a Library card.
- Can I count books that I read on my computer or e-reader?
- Of course!
- Where do I pick up my prize?
- Pick up your prize at the library location most convenient to you. The last day to collect your prizes is July 28.
- Can I count audiobooks?
- You bet!
- Can I join the program after its official start date?
- Absolutely! While you may begin as soon as June 1, you have until July 28 to complete your challenge and pick up your prize(s).
- Can I count reading that I’ve done before the official start date?
- We ask that you only count reading you’ve done within the official dates of the program.
- Do I need to track my Summer Reading progress as I go?
- Although you may wish to track your progress throughout the summer, you may also wait to record your work until after you have completed your Summer Reading challenge.