Order Your Summer Reading T-shirt
Summer Reading 2021 t-shirts are available for order for a limited time. You can select a library pickup location at checkout, and we will notify you mid-May when your order is ready. For questions about t-shirt orders, email Michelle Hannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, the Greenville County Library System creates a new t-shirt to celebrate Summer Reading. The Friends of the Greenville County Library System, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports the Library System through volunteer and financial efforts, is selling the Summer Reading t-shirts. The Greenville County Library System does not profit from the sale of t-shirts.
We're been busy planning an exciting Summer Reading 2021 filled with great events, entertainment, prizes, and of course, reading! Check back for more information!
Children who participate in their public library’s summer reading program outperform those who don’t participate by:
- having better reading scores by the end of third grade
- scoring higher on assessment tests at the beginning of the school year
- scoring higher on standardized tests
- Who can participate?
Babies, children, and teens can all participate in the Summer Reading challenge! Summer Reading is free, open to the public, and does not require a Library card.
- Can I join the program after its official start date?
Absolutely! Summer Readers can begin anytime during the challenge.
- Can I count books that I read on my computer or e-reader?
- Can I count audiobooks?
- I want to order a Summer Reading t-shirt. Where will I pick it up?
Thank you for celebrating Summer Reading by ordering a Summer Reading t-shirt! When you go to checkout, you will see a "Enter Your Pickup Location" field at the bottom of the page. Please enter the Library System location where you would like to pick up your t-shirt.
- Oh no! I already placed my order, but I didn’t put anything in the "Enter Your Pickup Location" field. What will happen to my t-shirt?
Don’t worry! We are standing by ready to help. If you forgot to select a pickup location when you were ordering your Summer Reading t-shirt(s), your order will be sent to the Hughes Main Library for pickup. Email Michelle Hannon at email@example.com if you have more questions about your t-shirt order. You arrange for pickup at the library location of your choice.
- I ordered a Summer Reading t-shirt, when will I get it?
Thank you for celebrating Summer Reading by ordering a Summer Reading t-shirt! You will receive an email notification when your order is ready for pickup. Summer Reading t-shirts are expected to arrive in mid-May. Contact Michelle Hannon at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your t-shirt order.
- What are the shirts made of?
Adults and youth shirts are Next Level brand shirts. This year, we are offering 2 types of materials: a CVC jersey shirt that is 60% combed ring-spun cotton and 40% polyester, and also 100% cotton (in turquoise only). Take a peek.
- What sizes and colors are available?
Summer Reading t-shirts are available in sizes for youth and adults in three colors—black, purple, and turquoise. Take a peek.
- I have another question about my t-shirt order that isn’t covered here. What should I do?
Please contact Michelle Hannon at email@example.com if you have questions about your t-shirt order.
We are so thankful for the support of these businesses and organizations in our community.