Teaching Totes are themed bins containing library materials that will engage children with their parents, families, caregivers, and teachers. Youth Services staff have selected library materials that correlate to a specific theme to create an interactive learning experience.
Each Teaching Tote has been correlated to the following learning standards:
- The Palmetto Basics
- South Carolina Early Learning Standards
- South Carolina College and Career-Ready Standards
Teaching Totes contain:
- Picture books
- Beginning Reader books (EZ-Readers)
- Non-fiction books
- Bilingual books (Spanish/English)
- May also include rhymes, fingerplay, and other interactive activities
- For: Babies, preschoolers, toddlers, and school-age children
- Ideal for: Parents, families, caregivers, teachers, and homeschooling families
- Loan period: 14 days
- Checkout limit: Two Teaching Totes (and/or Launchpad Learning Tablets) may be checked out at a time.
- Return to: The Children’s Area Desk at Hughes Main Library.
- Availability: Teaching Totes are available at the Hughes Main Library by Adult library card holders. Teaching Totes may be placed on hold for pick-up at the Children’s Area Desk at the Hughes Main Library.