Local Author Expo
Call for Authors
In keeping with the Greenville County Library System’s vision to be Greenville County’s first choice for exploration, discovery and information, we are pleased to announce a call for authors to have an opportunity to speak to the public at the Hughes Main Library on January 25, 2020. With over 300,000 annual visitors, over 7,000 followers on social media and a distribution of over 13,000 newsletters bimonthly, this event provides our patrons and county residents with the opportunity to discover authors and provide important exposure and publicity for the authors.
- Must be a published (including self-published) author living in the southeastern United States.
- Writing must be original and professionally presented.
- Audiobooks, e-published books and children’s books will not be considered for this event. Books for teens and young adults will be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of the library. Not all applications will be accepted.
- Authors must complete the Local Author Fair Application.
- The Local Author Fair Application must be accompanied by writing examples.
Selected authors will not be offered compensation for travel or a speaker’s fee. Authors will be expected to handle book sales. Library staff will not assist with sales or procuring books for the event. Selected authors are not guaranteed their books will be added to the Library’s collection. Authors who participated in last year’s Local Author Expo may apply for 2020.
Save the Date!
Meet local and regional authors as they share their books. Books available for purchase and signing. Join us for local author book discussions sponsored by the Emrys Foundation and the Friends of the Library.