Local Author Expo
In keeping with the Greenville County Library System’s vision to be Greenville County’s first choice for exploration, discovery and information, we are pleased to announce a call for authors to have an opportunity to speak to the public at the Hughes Main Library on January 25, 2020. With over 300,000 annual visitors, over 7,000 followers on social media and a distribution of over 13,000 newsletters bimonthly, this event provides our patrons and county residents with the opportunity to discover authors and provide important exposure and publicity for the authors.
The submission deadline to be considered for participation in this event has passed. All submissions are currently being reviewed. Great care and consideration is given to this process, and local authors chosen to participate will be notified by the end of December. Thank you for your patience!
Saturday, January 25 • 10a-2pHughes Main Library
Meet regional authors, buy books, and have your books signed. Enjoy speakers sponsored by the Emrys Foundation and the Friends of the Library.
Meet featured authors
Speaker: Fiction author Natasha Boyd
Speaker: Nonfiction authors Kathryn Smith & Ray Belcher
Speaker: Young Adult fiction author Ryan Graudin
- Must be a published (including self-published) author living in the southeastern United States.
- Writing must be original and professionally presented.
- Audiobooks, e-published books and children’s books will not be considered for this event. Books for teens and young adults will be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of the library. Not all applications will be accepted.
- Authors must complete the Local Author Fair Application.
- The Local Author Fair Application must be accompanied by writing examples.
The submission deadline to be considered for participation in this event has passed. All submissions are currently being reviewed. Are you a local author interested in participating? Good news--the Local Author Expo is held each year. Check back during fall 2020 for more information about the next opportunity to submit. In the meantime, consider attending the Local Author Expo on January 25, 2020 and find out whether the event might be a good fit for you.