On Mon, Sep 25, we switched to a new library catalog powered by Aspen Discovery, which provides an improved searching and browsing experience. You are now able to:
- Search for physical items and eContent in the same place
- Discover features such as read-alikes and reviews
- Get notified when new items by your favorite author or topic are added to the collection
- Personalize your library account
- Link family accounts together for easier management
What do I need to know?
- The Library System’s mobile app is down for maintenance. An alert will be sent to users when the app has been restored.
- Your library card number has not changed. Also, if you have created an Alternate ID for your library card account, it has been carried over to the new system.
- Saved Lists and Preferred Searches were not carried over to the new system.
- On Sep 25, all patron PINs were reset to the last 4 digits of the phone number saved in each account. You may change to a preferred PIN by logging into your account or speaking with a staff member.
- If the Reading History feature was turned on in your account before Sep 23, then your history will appear in our new system and that feature will remain turned on for future checkouts.
Is there anything I need to do?
- If you are unable to log into your library account, please contact one of our Library System locations and speak to a staff member for assistance.
- Check to make sure your library account has accurate contact information so you can receive library notifications. You can update your email address by logging into your account or by speaking with any Library System staff member.
- If you previously set up your own PIN for your library account before the transition to our new catalog on Mon, Sep 25, then we recommend logging into your account and resetting your PIN to that previous, custom PIN. Otherwise, you may have trouble signing in to certain online services such as Overdrive / Libby and Hoopla.