When you volunteer for the library system, you might be:
- Assisting children's librarians with preparation for various programs for youngsters
- Helping process new items to be shelved for the first time
- Helping customers at the Friends Shop
- Looking over the shelves to make sure all items are in proper order
- Shelving books
- Serving in some capacity at special events--keeping track of door counts or assisting attendees at a table
- Coaching users of our public access computers
Volunteer opportunities are available during daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Commit to as many hours as you like and serve at the Hughes Main Library downtown or your local branch.
If volunteering interests you, complete the Volunteer Application Form and submit it to a librarian at any library location. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you for an interview.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old; however, Teen Service Day provides a recurring opportunity for teens to volunteer as well.
Teen Service Day allows teens (ages 13-18) to earn up to 3 volunteer hours in one day. Participants work in groups on different projects. Questions? Call 864-527-9248 or contact our Volunteer Coordinator.