- Advances in Technology Make it Easier to Track Library’s 850,000 Volumes
(A Tale of Two Books) (article 4/10/14)
- Library Broadens Reach with Monthly Sensory Story Time (article 11/1/13)
- Edgar Allan Poe Series (press release 10/9/13)
- Friends Used Book Sale at the Merovan Center (press release 10/9/13)
- Greenville County Reads (press release 9/15/13)
- GCLS Earns National and State Awards (press release 7/17/13)
- 2012 InnoVision Awards (press release 11/9/12, video clip 12/9/12)
- Smart Money Website Launch (press release 9/18/12, SmartMoneyGCLS.org)
- GCLS Now Offering Downloadable Music (press release 9/10/12, Download Music)
- GCLS Launches Financial Education Programs (press release 8/9/12)
- GCLS Wins for Logo Design (press release 5/22/12)
Founded in 1921, the Greenville County Library System operates 11
facilities, a bookmobile, and a website that provide information, materials,
and engaging programs delivered with world-class technology and a
customer-centric approach. The Library system offers free access to
resources and experiences and continually strives to be the community's
destination of choice for exploring the world.
The hub of our Library System, the Hughes Main Library in downtown
Greenville is just over 119,000 square feet (the second largest public
library in South Carolina) and opened to the public in 2002.
- Total circulation of Library materials in the system was 3.5 million.
- There are 642,431 books and 151,417 audiovisual materials system-wide.
- 58,738 new books and 13,151 audiovisual items were added to our collection.
- 261,882 individuals are registered borrowers.
- Total walk-in visits to the Greenville County Library System was 1.88 million.
- The system offers 324 public access internet workstations.
- Approximately 2.2 million website visits occurred at www.greenvillelibrary.org.
- Free downloadable audiobooks
- Free downloadable eBooks
- Free downloadable magazines
- Free downloadable music
- Free remote access to more than 80 online databases
- Free wireless internet access
- Hughes Main Library has many high-tech features including:
- Large meeting space with multimedia capability
- Training lab with 24 computers
- 50 adult & 20 children's public Internet computer workstations
- Satellite downlink for distance learning
For Our Community Partners
Please submit program information and any high resolution images (300dpi)
by the dates listed below.
Jun/Jul 2014 issue
Submission Deadline: 2/24/14
Aug/Sep 2014 issue
Submission Deadline: 5/6/14
Oct/Nov 2014 issue
Submission Deadline: 7/14/14
Dec/Jan 2014-2015 issue
Submission Deadline: 9/15/14