Friends of the Library
When you support the Friends of the Library, you help to make these programs possible:
- Adult Literary Events such as our annual Southern Author Festival
- Summer Reading Performances for children
- Greenville Library Staff Education fund
- Endowment fund for future library programs
First Thursday Book Sales • 9a-12p
February 2, March 2, April 6
Friends Members Only. Memberships begin at $5 and are available at the door or online.
Semi Annual Used Book Sale
Friday, April 28 • 3p-7p • Friends members only.
Saturday, April 29 • 10a-5p • Open to the public.
Sunday, April 30 • 1p-5p • Open to the public, Additional 50% off all items.
Merovan Center, 1200 Woodruff Road, Suite E-2
At the intersection of Woodruff Road and I-385, turn onto Woodruff Road South. At the first traffic light, turn into Merovan Center (beside TD Bank and across from Kohl's). Building E will be on your left.
Support your library! Bring your used book, audiobook, CD and DVD donations to any library location. We cannot accept magazines, newspapers, VHS tapes, textbooks (unless brand new or old enough to be considered vintage) and encyclopedias more than five years old.
The Friends of the Greenville County Library System is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides financial and volunteer support for public programs and publications of the Greenville County Library System through various fundraising projects.
- Emma Belcher • Vice-President
- Judi Carpenter
- Jim Condon • Friends Shop Committee Chair
- Jean DeMars
- Linda Dilleshaw • Membership Development Committee Chair
- Phil Elliott
- Cindy R. Goldberg
- Michelle Marckini • Book Sale Committee Chair
- Steven Nash • Financial Officer
- Cory B. Patterson • President
- Dorothy Pierce
- Alice Ramos
- Mary Rittenhouse
- Mary Ann Stonoha • Treasurer